This award assesses candidates in the skills required to supervise climbers on single pitch crags and climbing walls. It does not include the skills and techniques required to teach lead climbing.
Candidates should not present themselves for assessment until they have:
- Led a minimum of 40 climbs, outdoors on leader-placed protection. A substantial number of these must be at least Severe grade and they should be on a variety of rock types.
- Assisted with the supervision of climbing for approximately 20 sessions at a variety of locations, some outside and some indoors (a session is a half day or evening).
For the purposes of this Single Pitch Award scheme, a single pitch route is one which:
- is climbed without intermediate stances.
- is described as a single pitch in the guidebook.
- allows climbers to be lowered to the ground at all times.
- is non-tidal, non-serious and has little objective danger.
- presents no difficulties on approach or retreat, such as route finding, scrambling or navigating.
for more information go to www.mountain-training.org.uk or call us on 020 89800289
There are no reviews for this course yet.